Friday 19 September 2014

I'm back... with a sassy pouch...

So this pouch is cute and super easy, it's a drawstring pouch. I haven't been making anything interesting lately, so I got pretty inventive in my state of boredom. This is the first pattern I 'made' myself.

I used a 5.5mm crochet hook, and some chunky wool (stolen from an old project). This works up in under an hour and is really not difficult to make.

Here's the instructions, please reference me if you use the pattern on your blog.
Thank you.


For the base I made two circles:

Start with a chain 4 base (ch4), slip stitch (ss)  together to make a circle.

Row 1: chain 2 (counts as first dc), then double crochet (dc) into the base circle seven (7) times. Sc into the chain 2 you stared the row with. 
This equals 8 dc's

Row 2: chain 2 then dc in the same space as the ch2. Dc twice in each stitch space,
You should have 16 dc's

Row 3: (Same as row 2) Dc twice in each stitch space. 
32 Stitches.
Here you could increase in rows if you would like to make your baggie a little bigger (Or a lot). I imagine that if you make it bigger, you could end up with a rucksack or a medium handbag... if you add straps that could hold the weight. 
If you're not repeating rows 2 and 3, bind off and snip. 

For the vertical structure I held the two base circles together, wrong sides facing inwards. You can just tuck the stray strands in between the two circles for a quick fix!
Start by the bind off knobs, working the two circles together, You should know the drill, insert hook into the stitch space of both circles, then slip stitch together, From there, chain two, then in each stitch (still working with both correlating stitches in the circles) make a dc. 
At the end of the row, slip stitch together and chain 2 for the next round. 

Continue working up the rounds until you have whichever amount that makes your drawstring bag look proportionate. I have 6 rows. 

Drawstring spaces: For the drawstring space round, ch2, dc in next stitch space, then chain one and skip a stitch and dc in the next stitch. At the end of the row, slip stitch in the chain 2.

After the drawstring row, add another row of dc's.
The last row is simply a hdc (Half double crochet) row with one hdc in some stitches and two in others. Just do whatever makes you feel frilly enough.


For the drawstring I just cut 6 equally long strands of yarn and braided them together loosely.
I imagine a nice ribbon would look even better. 


If you make it in festive colors, it could work nicely as a Santa gift bag, or maybe even an Easter egg pouch. 

Let me know if you decide to make this, I would love to see how it turns out :)
Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment